Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cookies!!

I opened the door yesterday to watch for a school bus and found a box sitting outside. I didn't remember  ordering anything and was only expecting some books, or so I thought. I opened it up, and was pleasantly surprised to find cookies inside! (Now, in retrospect, I seem to recall something in my BzzAgent email about these cookies, but it was a while ago, so I had forgotten.)


The box contained Kroger's "The Truly Awesome Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies". I read the little booklet that was included in the box and learned that, aside from being available at Kroger stores, these cookies are also available at Fred Meyer and Ralphs stores under those brand names.


After looking over the included literature, I studied the box for a little. They are very well packaged, with easy to read text that discloses that they are made wit real butter and have no added preservatives or artificial flavors. And, as the package boasts, chocolate chips are the #1 ingredient.


For those with allergen concerns, they do also contain wheat, milk, soy, and eggs; and are processed in a facility that uses peanuts, coconut, pecans, cashews, and macadamia nuts. I have a peanut allergy, so I always know to check the ingredients. (I still ate them! I am not as worried about the "may contain" on certain items.)


Each box comes with eight cookies in it. They are decent sized cookies too. I took a picture next to a DVD to compare size.


The cookies are a little hard, rather than chewy - somewhat like Chips Ahoy. I prefer chewy cookies, but these were not so dry that they were bad. When dipped in milk they were perfect. They had a good sweet flavor, and lots of chocolate. My daughter tried one after dinner, and she liked them as well. Overall, this is a cookie that I would buy.

In the box along with the cookies, I was also sent a few $1 coupons (as seen in first photo). Would you like to try these cookies at a discounted price? Well then comment on this post! Everyone who comments will be thrown into a random drawing for a chance to get one of these coupons - which are usable at Kroger, Ralphs, or Fred Meyer! Comment by next Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) for your chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment