Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What to look forward to this month

December is upon us. This time of year is always busy for people, with all the parties, family gatherings, and last minute shopping. I don't buy into too much of the holiday hype, but this is still my favorite time of year. I absolutely love the cooler weather, and being in Texas, it is rare. So between Halloween and the Winter Solstice, I thrive. The cold may last until about Valentines, but by then the charm is often overshadowed by the idiots who do not know how to drive safely in winter conditions. I still enjoy it, but it gets worn out a little.

I have a very busy schedule this month. On top of the several books I am reading to review and another giveaway over at the Tome, I have a holiday gathering coming up on the 17th that I must prepare the house for. At the gathering, I will be doing some sampling of Kroger's Private Selection line of frozen pizzas, appetizers, and desserts, as well as some Smirnoff mixed drinks - so watch out for those reviews in the week following.

I will also post up some of my favorite holiday recipes that I plan to be serving this month. I really feel in my element when I am cooking, and I plan to do a lot of that this month to share. I hope to get to try out a new stuffing recipe I found, as well as post a few of my favorite breads and dinners. And since I finally found my good camera, the photos will be much more clear than the last ones.

There is a winter Lolita fashion meet on the 18th, so if I find time to sew, I will be making a new dress for that as well, and will share photos of the progress and when it is finished. I had a lot of crafting to do this month, between that and my etsy store, but everyone in the house getting sick put a major dampener on my work. Hopefully I will get new items up for the store in time for holiday shopping. If not, I will still post them here to look at. :)

On a completely non-holiday related note, I did get in this one product to try that may interest some of you. It is an alleged "fat melting" cream made with herbs. I do not know how it will work, but since I have tried just about everything else on the leftover baby paunch, I figured I may as well give it a shot. Starting today, I will use the product as directed every day for thirty days (or until it runs out, whichever comes first) and will report on it's effectiveness. I will be taking pictures and measurements at set intervals and will let you all know how it works.

That is my major plans as far as I know. There may be other assorted reviews here and there. If you are interested in doing a guest post on my blog, this would be the month to start! With all the cooking, cleaning, and sewing, there will be a lot of non-computer time for me. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment